January 9, 2017
Between Eva Miller (hereafter, DEVELOPER)
David Gross (hereafter, CLIENT)
This document constitutes the contract between the above-mentioned parties.
The project is to create a website for CLIENT’S assignment in order to gain experience in web design and digital portfolio creation. This will include learning how to promote services to potential employees, funders, and clients for Eva Cassandra-Clare. The project includes learning, research, programming, structural and graphic design, production, and training.
The website will be based on an existing WordPress theme to reduce costs and simplify processing. The website will include the following links:
Stages of the Project
The project will be completed in three stages.
- Structure and Functional Design:
- Functionality of the website
- Structure and content categories of website content
- WordPress theme which will be adapted for the portfolio
- Graphic Design (visual design and adaptation of the WordPress theme)
- Production (creation of pages with real content, including creation of graphics, videos, etc.)
CLIENT agrees to provide, as required:
- necessary artwork in a usable format (e.g. png), including company logos, video, and photography
- approved text for the website with no grammar errors
CLIENT will provide basic training to DEVELOPER to edit and maintain the website, as needed. As well as CLIENT will teach DEVELOPER in web design.
All work will be finished by March 16, 2017. Changes to class schedule or delays by CLIENT may change this deadline. Look to rough website plan for details.
The entire project as agreed will cost a grade of an A.
- ClIENT agrees to pay compliments and feedback upon approval of this contract.
- CLIENT agrees to pay feedback and compliments upon approval of the “graphic design” stage of the project.
- CLIENT agrees to pay the student an A by March 27th (grades for winter quarter are due by this day)
Any additional work that exceeds 75 hours and/or work not previously agreed upon, the CLIENT will give extra credit. Payments of such are due within 11 days of final completion of the project. DEVELOPER may choose to charge an additional to 3% to the final grade the CLIENT assigns.
DEVELOPER has full use rights to all software, graphic design, and writing created by DEVELOPER for this project. All rights pertaining to software and design purchased for the project will be determined by the terms of those purchases.
CLIENT may not terminate work at any time. This is for a grade in a class and CLIENT cannot terminate work from DEVELOPER. The closest thing to termination a CLIENT can do is halt the project and push back the due date.
The jurisdiction for disputes about this contract is the Cal State East Bay Communications Department.
By signing below each parties has read this agreement and agreed to its terms
_________________________ date _____/______/_______