between Tishauna Carrell (hereafter, DEVELOPER)
David Gross (hereafter, CLIENT)
This document constitutes the contract between the above-mentioned parties.
The project is to create a website for David Gross Communication 3224 in order help promote Eat.Travel.DIY to gain a following in efforts of becoming a freelance blogger. The project includes making an east to navigate, well-structured, minimal color and easy to navigate layout.
The website will be based on an existing WordPress theme to reduce costs and improve stability. The website will include the following sections:
- Eat <Dropdown menu>
- Travel<Dropdown menu>
- Diy<Dropdown menu>
Stages of the Project
The project will be complete in three stages.
- Structure and Functional Design
a. Functionality of the website
b. Structure and content categories of website content
c. WordPress theme which will be adaption of the WordPress theme
2. Graphic Design (visual design and adaption of the WordPress theme)
3. Production (Creation of pages with real content, including creation of graphic elements, videos, etc.)
CLIENT agrees to provide, as required:
- necessary artwork in a usable format (e.g. with transparency), photography, blog post written content and social media links.
- approved text for the website
- Props for photography
- Color scheme for blog lay out
- Any supplies needed for blog post
- About page information
- Contact page information
DEVELOPER will provide basic training to CLIENT on how to edit and maintain the website, as needed.
All work will be finished by March 16, 2017 by 2pm. Changes or delays by David Gross may change this deadline.
The entire project as agreed will cost A+
- CLIENT agrees to give an A+ upon approval of this contract.
- CLIENT agrees to give feedback on progress upon approval of the “Graphic Design” stage of the project.
- CLIENT agrees to pay the remaining balance of an A+ within 10 days after acceptance of the final product (“production” stage).
Any additional work not previously agreed upon will be charged to give DEVELOPER free Caramel Frappuccino’s from Starbucks per hour. Payments are due within 15 days of invoicing. Tishauna Carrell may choose to charge 1.8% per month interest penalty for late payments.
CLIENT has full use rights to all software, graphic design, and writing created be DEVELOPER for this project. All rights pertaining to software and design purchased for the project will be determined by the terms of those purchases.
CLIENT may terminate work at any time and agrees to pay for all completed stages, and one-half of the current stage of work if it is in progress. For example, if CLIENT terminates the project during the “graphic design” stage, CLIENT will pay for the “structure and functional design” stage and one-half of the “graphic design” stage.
The jurisdiction for disputes about this contract is the Communication Department at Cal State East Bay.
“I have read this agreement and I agree to its terms.”
David Gross date: 1/7/2017
Tishauna Carrell date: 1/7/2016